- Tuesday, Jan 24 2012
- Hits: 4294
Wisconsin’s six consecutive months with job loss
MADISON – Today, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released a report compiling job numbers for every state in the Union. The report shows Wisconsin is the only state to have lost jobs for the past six straight months, while the nation as a whole has gained jobs for 22 straight months. Below is Rep. Pocan’s statement on Wisconsin’s dismal job performance under Governor Scott Walker:
“Since Scott Walker’s budget took effect, Wisconsin has lost jobs for six months straight, totaling 35,600 jobs. Today’s numbers as released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics only prove what I’ve known all along; Scott Walker’s special interest budget solutions do not work. Tax breaks for corporations and cuts to education and health care do not create jobs. Ronald Reagan disproved ‘trickle down’ economics and Scott Walker has fallen right into that same trap.
“Having led budget negotiations, I can tell you first-hand that Governor Walker is trying to govern by press release rather than by facing our state’s problems head-on. Sound bites don’t create jobs and neither has Scott Walker.
“Tomorrow, Governor Scott Walker will take to the podium and deliver his State of the State Address. Wisconsinites don’t need to hear more of Walker’s excuses and they certainly don’t need more rhetoric. We want answers and frankly, an apology for a job poorly done.”
Stay Connected with
- Planned Parenthood Announces clinic closings DISQUS_COMMENTS
- Scott Walker Republicans Plan to Eliminate Election-Day Registration Would Cost $14.5 Million DISQUS_COMMENTS
- Three Questions for Tea Partys Pat Roggensack as Choking Claims Refuted DISQUS_COMMENTS
- NRA Takes Aim At Wisconsin Castle Doctrine Law DISQUS_COMMENTS
- BREAKING - Former Scott Walker Campaign Webmaster Sentenced in Child Enticement DISQUS_COMMENTS