- Sunday, Feb 05 2012
- Hits: 13004
- Scott Walker’s $100,000,000 Question – Walkergate
- The Bear Bites Tax Payers
- Dark Cloud over the Bidding Process
- Nick Hurtgen No Stranger to Wisconsin Politics
- Nick Hurtgen and the Wisconsin Department of Justice
- Nick Hurtgen and the Wisconsin Supreme Court
- Donations Donations Donations – Republicans Benefit
- Getting Back to the Milwaukee County Bond Deal
- Bigger Fish to Fry?
- All Pages
Madison – The John Doe investigation involving Scott Walker’s current and former staffers is expanding beyond allegations of campaigning with tax payers’ resources. In recent events, two more former Walker staff members have been charged with felonies related to their alleged illegal activities while employed by Milwaukee County. In addition to the news of the newest arrests arising from the investigation, former Milwaukee County Supervisor Roger Quindel informed WISN about unusual bidding process that took place under Walker’s watch.
Quindel said he remembers an unusual bidding process during Walker's tenure as county executive. What appeared to be a done deal to extend a lease on some county offices turned into another round of bidding and gave bidders just five hours to present new bids.
"I thought it was a strange way of doing business. Even if you had rebid process, it should have been longer than this short, jammed-up period of time, and I was worried about a lawsuit even at the time," Quindel said.
Let the Bidding Begin
After those revelations, Politiscoop started to dig into the history of Scott Walker’s reign in Milwaukee County and some of the discrepancies that were reported during that period of time. We will provide a chain of events for you and let you the reader decide the significance.
- Next >>
Stay Connected with
- Planned Parenthood Announces clinic closings DISQUS_COMMENTS
- Scott Walker Republicans Plan to Eliminate Election-Day Registration Would Cost $14.5 Million DISQUS_COMMENTS
- Three Questions for Tea Partys Pat Roggensack as Choking Claims Refuted DISQUS_COMMENTS
- NRA Takes Aim At Wisconsin Castle Doctrine Law DISQUS_COMMENTS
- BREAKING - Former Scott Walker Campaign Webmaster Sentenced in Child Enticement DISQUS_COMMENTS