Wisconsin Politics (751)
MADISON – Yesterday, Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin announced as a result of state funding cuts in Governor Walker’s last budget, they are closing the doors of their clinics in Shawano, Chippewa Falls, Johnson Creek, and Beaver Dam. The closure will eliminate critical services to 2,000 patients including lifesaving cancer screenings, breast exams, birth control, annual exams, pregnancy tests, STD testing and treatment, HIV screening, and referrals to a network of community resources.
ICYMI: Scott Walker Republicans’ Plan to Eliminate Election-Day Registration Would Cost $14.5 Million
MADISON – A new report released today by the Government Accountability Board estimates that it would cost Wisconsin $14.5 million to implement a Republican plan to eliminate election-day voter registration – nearly triple a preliminary estimate.
Wausau – National Rifle Association (NRA) lobbyist Bob Welch told a group of the organization’s members at the 2013 NRA Wisconsin State Convention there could be a delay in new pro-gun legislation in Wisconsin— such as expanding “stand your ground” laws. Welch attributed the delays to what he dubbed as the “Connecticut effect” after the mass murder of innocent school children in Newtown last month.
Madison – Today Governor Scott Walker voluntary rejected the expansion of Medicaid allowed under the law proposed by President Obama. Walker hinted at his decision Tuesday when he said:
Stay Connected with
- Planned Parenthood Announces clinic closings DISQUS_COMMENTS
- Scott Walker Republicans Plan to Eliminate Election-Day Registration Would Cost $14.5 Million DISQUS_COMMENTS
- Three Questions for Tea Partys Pat Roggensack as Choking Claims Refuted DISQUS_COMMENTS
- NRA Takes Aim At Wisconsin Castle Doctrine Law DISQUS_COMMENTS
- BREAKING - Former Scott Walker Campaign Webmaster Sentenced in Child Enticement DISQUS_COMMENTS